A smart TV is basically a television set that has more advanced features than standard televisions. The most common feature of a smart TV is its ability to connect to the Internet, which allows you to access popular video streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu Plus.
Although many people think that only smart TVs have apps, you can actually browse the Internet on most TVs, too. For example, some televisions have a built-in web browser that you can use to access websites and watch videos.
While most smart TVs have apps that you can use to browse the Internet, you can also use a web browser to access websites on a television. If you have a smart TV, you can also browse the Internet using your TV remote.
What Are the Benefits of Browsing the Internet with Your TV?
For some people, browsing the Internet with a TV is more convenient than browsing the Internet on a computer or smartphone. However, there are a few benefits to using a smart TV to browse the Internet such as:
1. When you browse the Internet on a TV, you don’t have to turn on your computer or smartphone. Instead, you can use your TV remote to navigate to the website you want to visit. This makes it easier to find a website you want to visit.
2. You can watch videos on your TV. For example, if you are watching a video on Netflix, you can click the Netflix button on your remote and then select a website from the list of available websites.
3. If you are a frequent viewer of online videos, you can browse the Internet while you watch a video.
4. You can watch videos from a wide variety of online video services, including Netflix, Hulu Plus, and YouTube by just sitting on your couch.
5. You can easily browse the website and read an article without leaving your bed.
How To Install Browser On Your Smart TV?
You can use a web browser on a smart TV to access the Internet. However, you will need to install the web browser on your smart TV.
This is because most TVs have their own built-in web browsers, and some TVs even have apps that you can use to browse the Internet.
To browse the Internet on your TV, you first need to set up a web browser on your TV. You can do this by following these steps:
1. Open your Smart TV.
2. Activate the assistant on your Smart TV
3. Ask the assistant to install the browser (It will direct you to the app store/play store which is available on your Smart TV)
4. Select the web browser you want to install on your smart TV by using the remote.
5. Press OK.
6. Now your TV is set with a web browser you can use it.
How Do You Browse the Internet On a Smart TV?
To browse the Internet with your TV remote, you can follow these steps:
Turn on your TV.
Turn on your Wi-Fi.
Connect your Smart TV to the Internet
Once your TV is connected to the internet, open the web browser on your TV.
Then press the Web button on your TV remote.
1. Go to the settings and then select General Menu
2. Then select the “Web browser option”.
Here you go you are all set, now you can browse anything you want.
Press the Home button to return to the home screen.
Smart TV Apps That Let You Browse the Internet
There are many different apps that you can use to browse the Internet on a smart TV. Some of the most popular apps that you can use to browse the Internet on smart TV include:
2. Hulu Plus
These apps allow you to browse the Internet on your TV using your TV remote. In addition, smart TVs have apps that allow you to control your TV and connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Limitations On Smart TV Browser
While smart TV apps that let you browse the Internet are convenient, they do have some limitations. For example, you can’t use a smart TV app to access all websites. Instead, you can use the web browser on your TV to browse the Internet.
When you use a smart TV app to browse the Internet, you can only access websites that are included in the app.
This means that you can’t use a smart TV app to access websites that are not included in the app. Also, some websites may not work properly with your TV.
Also, it is not possible to use your TV remote to connect to the internet. You can only use your TV remote to access websites that are on your home network.
Browsing the Internet with a TV is a great way to watch videos on your TV, read articles, and do other things from your couch.
However, it is important to note that you should only use a smart TV to browse the Internet if you are comfortable using your TV remote. If you are not comfortable using your TV remote, you should use a computer or smartphone instead.
This article explains how to browse the Internet on a smart TV. If you have questions about smart TVs or if you want to browse the Internet with your TV, please feel free to ask your questions in the comment section below.
I am Jeff Bortnick, the founder of SMART WISE HOME. I am also a husband, father of two, and a long-time technology lover. I have been obsessed with home automation since I was at University doing my MSc in Automation and Control Engineering